My Goals For A-Levels | Back To School

I try to set academic goals every year for myself, because I think they give me a bit of a sense of direction, at least for the first couple of weeks or so! Last year you all really enjoyed my year 11 goals blog post, so I decided that this year I was going to write up my goals for the next couple of years at school as I’ll be completing my A Levels. This post is another collab, with one of my best blogging friends Hannah Beth from Hannah Beth Blogs!

MAKE A MINDMAP AT THE END OF EACH TOPIC

I found big A3 topic mindmaps really helpful for my GCSEs, and I know that they’re going to be really helpful to me at A Level too. I think they’ll work best for psychology, as English Lit & History might not have such defined topics, but I’m going to keep them in a big folder and they’ll be really helpful for revision.  I know this might not seem like a huge ‘goal’ or something difficult to stick to, however it’s going to be a big part of my revision for me and something I want to make sure I keep up with.

USE MY FREE PERIODS PROPERLY

I went back to school today, although only for a half day and we didn’t receive our timetables.  When we do receive our timetables tomorrow & I know which subjects I have and when my frees are I’m planning on giving myself at least one task to complete every free period.  I know I’ll be really tempted to sit and chat to my friends but I want to try and get as much of my homework done at school so that when I’m home I can use my time to chill out or blog, which also takes up lots of my time!

DRINK MORE WATER

I’m terrible for drinking water, however this school year I’d really like to change that.  While this isn’t exactly an academic goal, I need to drink water much more often.  I’ve bought myself a big glass water bottle which I’ll be bringing to school with me and hopefully I can get through a couple of bottles full of water a day.  I’m also hoping this is going to keep me more awake in lessons as I can already feel the toll of my 6am starts as I’m writing this post!

KEEP MY BAG ORGANISED

I always set out to a new school year with an incredibly organised school bag full of everything I could ever need, but a month or so in and my organisation is ruined, my bag becomes a mess.  I’m hoping to keep my bag organised throughout the whole year & also keep it stocked with all of the random bits and bobs I always need but seem to run out of quickly!

My A Level Goals

Pin this for me!

Those are the goals I have for this year!  I’m sure I’ll have more goals when I get my work back & stuff but for now this is all I’m wanting to achieve.  When are you all back at school? Make sure to go check out Hannah’s blog post too.

Soph xx

29 Comments

1. September 5, 2018 / 5:42 pm

I like to set myself goals too, it’s so nice to be able to look back at them at the end of the year and see what i’ve achieved! I’m trying to drink more water too, I’ve invested in a Chilly bottle in the hope that I will drink more! x

September 5, 2018 / 5:45 pm

Ah I’m glad you set goals too! They’re always so helpful 💜

2. September 5, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Loved reading your goals! I really need to start drinking more water too, and definitely going to try and stay organised! Hope you enjoy my post too <3 xx

September 5, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Loved your post! So glad you enjoyed it x

3. September 5, 2018 / 6:06 pm

These are brilliant goals! I really need to keep my bag organised too!

September 5, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed the post!😅

4. September 5, 2018 / 6:20 pm

These are some great goals! I definitely want to drink more water this year too! 🙂 x

September 5, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed the post!💞

5. September 5, 2018 / 8:41 pm

YES YES YES!! This is what I need to do 🙂 xx

September 5, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Oooo you should do a blog post with your goals!💛

6. September 5, 2018 / 9:39 pm

Sorry, only just realised you uploaded this. Such a great post to read as always Soph. Lovely photo as well. I really hope A Levels go well for you! xx

September 6, 2018 / 6:35 am

Thank you Eden! Glad you enjoyed the post 💜

7. September 6, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Definitely agree with all of these Soph! Mindmaps are so key! I did English Lit and History as well for A Level (philosophy was my 3rd though) and they literally saved my life!
    For English Lit I used to do this fun revision task where I used to draw a gingerbread man and then write things I needed to remember about the characters around it – not sure about your exams but mine were closed book, so we had to remember any quotes and things we wanted to reference!
    Good luck! And most importantly, relax! Pay attention in class, and it’ll save you having to do so much revision later 😉 xx

September 7, 2018 / 6:14 am

Thank you so much for these tips Katie, they are so helpful! Really glad you enjoyed the post 💗

8. September 6, 2018 / 9:43 pm

I love reading all your school related posts because although we take APs in the USA instead of A levels, your advice and goals are still really helpful. Good luck on this school year and I can’t wait to see more posts!

September 7, 2018 / 6:14 am

I’m really glad you still find them useful!😊

9. September 7, 2018 / 5:29 pm

All of the best for sixth form! I’m in my second year and I do psychology. I find mind maps so so helpful – especially for key studies – they’re far more aesthetically pleasing than looking at a page of notes. You’ve got some great goals and I hope you achieve them!!xx

September 7, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Thank you Alex!💗💛

10. BethRebecca
    September 7, 2018 / 7:28 pm

I need to start setting more goals, it used to help me keep so much more focused and motivated! x

Beth | https://bethrebecca.com

September 7, 2018 / 7:33 pm

I’d love to see you do a goals themed blog post!🙌🏻💗

11. September 8, 2018 / 9:22 am

Good luck with all your goals! I’m trying to use my free periods and after the first week, my weekends are free because I’ve done all my homework already. Loved reading this post xx

September 8, 2018 / 1:41 pm

That’s my plan too, using my free periods to do homework & reading so on a weekend I don’t have to do any/as much! Glad you enjoyed the post 💜

12. foreverseptember1
    September 8, 2018 / 2:00 pm

I desperately want to keep my bag tidy this year, even though I’m at uni and don’t carry as much around it still seems to end up in such a state! Also same with drinking more water, I’m so bad at it but hopefully I can manage to keep on top of it this year!

Lucy | Forever September

September 8, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Glad we have some similar goals! Thanks for reading 😊

13. September 10, 2018 / 6:50 pm

Good luck with all your goals Soph! I’m never any good at keeping to goals so I never really set any for the academic year I just know I need to knuckle down now I’m on my second year of university. I definitely should have used my free periods better at college so I know that one is a great goal!

Sophie | Sophie’s Spot

September 10, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Ah thank you!! Enjoy uni!💜💜

14. September 11, 2018 / 8:12 pm

Loved this post Soph- I think its such a good idea to set goals at the start of the school year! Using your free periods is SUCH a good one, I remember literally doing nothing in mine when in Year 12 just chatting whereas in Year 13 I was using every single one to revise and do homework!😩😂 100% use them so then at home you don’t have to do as much haha!

September 11, 2018 / 9:06 pm

I’ve been trying to use them as much as possible so far & I’ve only had one homework to do at home the past week! Thank you so much for reading 💗💗