Summer is Finally Here – My Summer Bucket List 2018

I love summer!  I say this about all the seasons really, but it’s true – I do love them all.  I only dislike that January to March period of rain and freezing cold, but the rest is fine by me! Since I’ve now finished my GCSE exams (my last one was on the 21st of June!  I’m FREE!) I have a huge summer ahead of me, something like eleven weeks, and I’m full of ideas of what I’d like to be doing!  Today, I’m collaborating with Alanna from Life Like A Galaxy Girl to bring you a post all about the things I want to do this summer!

As always, when I do posts like this I like to include a moodboard from my pinterest of all the pictures which inspire me this season!  This one is made from pictures from my summer board, which you can go follow below!  I’m constantly pinning to my seasonal boards so it’s definitely a good one to follow for some lush summer inspiration!

I love how bright and summery this moodboard is – definitely gets me into the mood for summer!

MY SUMMER 2018 BUCKET LIST

GO TO A FESTIVAL

This one is definitely going to happen as I’m going to the Brighton Pride festival again in August and I cannot wait!  I loved it last year; the atmosphere was amazing and I’m really happy I can experience it this year too.

GO TO THE BEACH

Luckily I live quite close to lots of beautiful beaches on the south coast, and I visit them relatively often with my family.  I would also love to go on the train again with my friends this year to Weymouth as it was an amazing day.  Beaches are great, you can go in the sea and they’re really pretty, although sand and suncream is definitely a mixture which makes me cringe!

GO SELF HOSTED

This is definitely a big goal worthy of a place on my bucket list this year.  Since my holiday is so long, I really want to invest some time into my blog and getting it all up and running as a self hosted blog is something I would really like to do.  I’ve been blogging for three years now and recently have become slightly unhappy with how my blog looks, the opportunities I have with it and I’d also like to change my URL, so all these things are something I can do by going self hosted (although I find it hugely complicating).  I would love to accomplish this by the time I’m back to school in September and finally have my blog looking perfect over the summer and I’ll be posting some great content for you guys!

I actually had this on my new years resolutions list and while I started off quite well at the start of the year, that deteriorated around March when the dreaded GCSE revision set in.  This summer I’ll have to read lots in preparation for my English Literature A Level but I also have a lot of books I want to read for myself too!

CAMP OUT SOMEWHERE

I think that camping out overnight somewhere would be so fun.  Having a little campfire and sitting and chatting all night would be really good fun.  It also would remind me of DofE which I’m kind of missing (weird – I KNOW – since I came back from our expedition covered in blisters, with achy bones and a vow never to go hiking again!) as it was a great time spent with my friends and reminds me of last summer!

VISIT CUTE PLACES

I have a whole summer ahead of me to do all sorts, and I know I’m bound to get a little bit bored at some point.  When these days come, I’d like to try taking the train to some towns nearby which I might have never been to and see what is happening there.  Maybe do a bit of shopping and eat in cute cafes!

GET MY ROOM CLEAN

This may seem like the most mundane thing to have on my bucket list, but I need to overhaul my room ready for sixth form!  Sorting out my wardrobe, organising my desk and more will definitely help me feel more prepared!  I’d also quite like to do my room up a little bit; get a new bright bedding and repaint my walls (which are pretty much covered in blutac stains from having revision posters on them!)

Do me a favour & pin this image for me!

Thats everything on my 2018 Summer Bucket List!  I hope you enjoyed reading, and make sure to go check out Alanna’s blog for her post too.  As of now I’m well into summer, I’ve been free of GCSEs for a couple of days and I can’t wait to throw myself into blogging and make this blog the best it can be over summer – thank you for 1,000 followers (and even more now!).  Hi to all my new ones, I promise I’m not always as quiet on here as I have been the past few months!

Soph xx

39 Comments

1. June 23, 2018 / 6:34 pm

Do you do further maths? Because physics was my last exam on the 15th. I also need to get my room clean because it is A MESS! Great post, I’m back to blogging after a break so it’d mean a lot if you went to go check my recent post! Xx

June 23, 2018 / 6:43 pm

I don’t do further maths but I do statistics & they were both exams on the 21st. I pity my friends who did stats and further maths! I’ll defo go & give it a read, glad to see you back😊❤️

• June 23, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Ah! How did you find it? Thank you! ❤️

June 23, 2018 / 6:45 pm

It wasn’t too bad, but I’m not great at maths stuff to be honest so I doubt it went well😂

• June 23, 2018 / 6:53 pm

I’m sure it went great zx

2. June 23, 2018 / 7:24 pm

Good luck with all your goals, especially the self hosted one! I definitely plan to read more too. Loved the post x

June 23, 2018 / 7:34 pm

I’m hoping to go self hosted as soon as possible – it makes me nervous to think about & I know it’s quite expensive (and something I really can’t get my head around logistically no matter how much anyone explains it to me, I still don’t really get it😂) but I’m sure it would be so worth it in the end. I would love to see some book reviews from you najida! Thanks for reading lovely xx❤️

• June 23, 2018 / 8:17 pm

It definitely will be worth it😃 And will do in the future. Been meaning to order a few book xx

3. June 23, 2018 / 8:14 pm

Thank you for the collaboration Sophie! I love your list, I can’t wait for you to go self hosted! I too want to go self hosted, but I have no idea when or how to make sure it’s the right decision. I’m looking forward to seeing your summer posts ❤️xx

June 23, 2018 / 8:36 pm

I’m the same with self hosted haha, find it very confusing! Thank you xx

4. June 23, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Great post! The pictures are so pretty. I made my own summer bucket list two summers ago and it helped me make sure to make the most of it

June 23, 2018 / 11:00 pm

5. June 24, 2018 / 11:42 am

Aw good luck with all your goals, I just posted one of these too and I aslo cannot WAIT for summer, so excited! xx

June 24, 2018 / 3:04 pm

I’ll go read yours now! Xx

6. June 24, 2018 / 1:48 pm

Good luck with your bucket list! I also have the goal to read more and go self-hosted some day 🙂

7. June 25, 2018 / 12:26 pm

Good luck with all your goals! And you have a long summer to complete them too!😄 x

8. June 26, 2018 / 8:13 am

I love Summer too! Congrats on finishing your GCSEs💕I’m trying to go self-hosted this Summer too x

June 26, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Thank you! I wish you good luck in it!😊

9. June 26, 2018 / 9:34 am

OH MY GOD THATS CRAZY!! You went to Weymouth?! 🙂

June 26, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Yeah I go there quite a lot! I only live around an hours train ride away x

10. July 2, 2018 / 11:04 pm

I hope you accomplish all your goals this summer, my bucket list is pretty similar!!!! 😀 You’ve been blogging for 3 years?! That’s a lot omg, I’m so proud!!! Maybe you’ve already told me but I don’t remember lol 😛
    Btw, what do you mean by self-hosted blog?
    Awesome post!!! <3

July 3, 2018 / 11:19 am

Thank you! When I say ‘self hosted’ i mean paying for my blog to have a .co.uk domain ending as opposed to WordPress.com and so my blog would belong to me and I’d have more creativity with it! Hopefully I’ll be doing it soon& can try monetise my blog over summer!

• July 3, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Oooookay that makes sense lol that’d be really cool!!!!! 🎉🎉🦄🦄

11. July 19, 2018 / 11:27 am

Sounds like a fun and productive summer. I need to get my room clean as well, it seems to be the catch all in our house. Good luck on all your goals!

July 19, 2018 / 11:29 am

Thank you Sarah!😊

12. July 19, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Great bucket list items! I wish I’d thought to make my summer bucket list into a post, too – it’s in my bullet journal, but I think the added accountability would have helped! Best of luck getting through your list ✨

July 19, 2018 / 1:05 pm

You should make a blog post on it! It’s a great way of forcing yourself to try accomplish anything. Good luck getting through yours too!😊

13. July 22, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Firstly, I love how you’ve included a moodboard, it’s really added an extra edge! I see that you’re self hosted now (At least I think so? You don’t have the .wordpress going on!) so if so, congrats! Also you’re going to Brighton Pride?! Congratssssss
    Jas xx

July 22, 2018 / 7:30 pm

Yes!! I’m self hosted which is super exciting. Definitely still getting to grips with it but I do love it! And yes, my friends and I went last year & loved it so decided to go again this year – Britney is singing & my 8 year old self is extremely excited! Thank you so much for your comment!💘

• July 22, 2018 / 7:33 pm

Yeah I heard Britney is singing! Me and my friends are debating it I’m so excited for youuuuu

July 22, 2018 / 8:08 pm

Oh you should definitely go!! It’s an amazing day, I’ve never stayed overnight but I definitely want to one year. It’s such a good set up & the rides and stuff are ace x

14. August 2, 2018 / 11:53 am

This is such a good list – I might have to make one myself. Reading more is always on my list but I never get round to it.

Thanks for sharing!
    Naomi xo
    tralisty.com

August 2, 2018 / 2:05 pm

I think it’s really helpful to make a list like this. Thanks for reading!

15. August 2, 2018 / 10:10 pm

Seems like a mature and low-key spontaneous list. Hope you’ve been ticking some of these off your bucket list and enjoying the summer. Good luck with your GCSE results too 🙂

August 2, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I have actually! I’ve already been to the beach a few times, gone self hosted with my blog & I’m going to a festival this weekend, which is so exciting. Thank you for the good luck, I really appreciate your comment!😊