I’m SO over winter, seriously. I NEVER want winter back ever again (even if October is really cosy). It’s too cold, and as soon as the cosy time is gone it’s just rain and wind and freezing weather – or at least it is in the U.K.
This is why I am very happy that it is finally spring time, literally, it started yesterday and I couldn’t be more pleased. Gardens will start to get more colourful, the weather will start to get warmer and I can start wearing nicer clothes (AKA I don’t have to bundle myself up in fifteen layers just to go up to the shops). I am definitely ready for spring.
As I like to do often, I’ve made myself a very Pinterest inspired moodboard for this season (I did one in December for winter, which you can read here). I love making moodboards, they really get me in the mood for the season (I mean it’s not really like I need much help being in the mood for spring, but you get what I mean) and making them is actually quite therapeutic. If you keep them on hand throughout the season, they’re quite inspiring too, so I’d really recommend making one if you havent; you could even share it in a blog post if you’re a fellow blogger! I’ll also be sharing my five favourite things about spring later in the post, so make sure to stick around to read those!
All of the pictures on this moodboard can be found in my Spring pinterest board!
FIVE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SPRING:
- Pastel Colours – Whenever I think of spring, my mind immediately goes to a palette of pastel shades: think baby blue, pale yellows, muted pinks and soft lilacs. I see these everywhere in spring – from clothes to flowers to easter eggs and home decor, they’re all over the place and I can safely say that I love seeing them and incorporating them into anything I can, even if pastel colours in clothes tend to wash me out a bit!
- Nature – Nature may just be at it’s best during spring. Beautiful flowers are popping up everywhere and trees are getting their leaves back (thank god because I am so sick of seeing dead trees everywhere I go!) Not only this, but spring means baby animals and lots of cute little lambs; I live in the countryside and so I see them pretty regularly, which makes a lovely change from when I used to live in the North and didn’t really see very many cute baby animals! We also get two ducks who visit in our garden in March-April time, which is always super cute!
- The Sun – Okay, so this might class as nature, but I’m honestly so so so sick of grey, colourless skies when I wake up in the morning. Walking to school in the rain and wind and the frost is NOT what I’m here for. At the moment, though, I’m seeing more and more blue skies as I wake up on a morning and the sun is definitely making its way past the clouds more and more, and that signifies the start of spring!
- Easter – I always love Easter; I think everything is so lovely in the shops and I always find myself tempted to buy decorations which I can only have on display for a few days, but I usually still do it anyway! Again, Easter comes with more and more pastel shades (one of my fave things about spring!) and of course, lots of chocolate eggs!
- Spring Cleaning – I love a good decluttering session, and nothing makes me more inspired to do so than the spring! When my room is flooded with sunlight and everything is starting to look a lil’ bit dirty (AKA coated in dust from winter and a sea of jumpers on my carpet), I love to take the time to re-organise my life and get rid of loads of things, resulting in a sparkly clean, minimal bedroom!
I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading about my fave things about spring! What do you love about this season? Make sure to let me know!