Happy New Year Everyone!!
It’s January 1st 2018, and while I’m just a little bit annoyed that I’m back at school in three days faced with a whirlwind of mock exams, I’m ready to start the new year on a positive note and have a good stab at completing my resolutions and goals for this year and not just ditch them within the first two weeks! I’m going to split this post into two sections: my resolutions and then my goals. You may be thinking, aren’t they just the same thing? – No, to me, a resolution is a change in your lifestyle or how you behave whereas a goal is a long-term plan to achieve something, and since I have too many goals for them to be viable as a resolution, I’ve shaken it up a little!
Anyway, let’s dive in…
- Drink More Water – I’ve never been very good at drinking enough water, as I’m basically hooked on Coke and any other drink which isn’t water. Truthfully, I don’t really enjoy the taste of water but I’m going to put that aside and try to drink as much as I can make myself on a daily basis, ideally getting it up to the amount I should be drinking quite soon! Alongside this, I want to start eating a bit healthier.
- Read More – I used to love reading but now I barely ever read anything, my goal for this year is 30 books however I feel as though it’s a lot considering I have my GCSE exams in May (aaaaaaahhhhh) however I do have a very long summer break so I’m hoping to read more there! You can keep up with my progress and any reviews I do on Goodreads , I’d love to see some more of you over there as I enjoy seeing what others are reading! I’m hoping to include more book related content on my blog this year too, such as my TBR pile (which is pretty long, but not as long as some I’ve seen!) and any reviews or book tags I feel like doing.
- GCSEs – I have my GCSE exams in May (and my first mock on January 4th!!) and one of my resolutions for this year is to try my absolute hardest towards doing well in them, however I don’t want to let them ruin my life! I’m going to do the amount of revision that I feel comfortable with, and so long as I know I’ve done my best and done everything I personally could’ve done towards them then it doesn’t matter what I get because I’ll have tried hard and that’s what matters (or at least thats what I’m telling myself!)
MY GOALS FOR 2018:
- Blogging – I always include a blogging goal in my yearly posts as blogging is a big part of my life. Throughout the back-end of 2017 I did a good job at posting twice a week, and I’m hoping to continue posting twice a week in 2018 also. However, when I get into exam season I may be a little busier and have to cut down to once a week, however I’ll be trying my hardest to schedule posts for when I’m busy. January is my mocks and might be a bit all over the place but bear with me because I’ll try to make it work; I’ll be posting at 6PM GMT on a Wednesday and Saturday – I know todays post is a monday but I wanted to get it up for you all at the start of the year. I would also love to hit 1,000 followers in 2018 on here, ideally I’d like to hit 700 by the end of January as I’m around 20 followers away from that (700 people is a LOT of people!). A few more collab posts would be amazing also, if anyone wants to do a collab then send me an email via my contact page and I’ll definitely get back to you!
- Mock Exams – A little similar to my GCSE themed resolution, but I’d love to do well in my mock exams, or at least do well in the subjects I’m okay at – I probably have no hope for Chemistry, Physics and Maths!!
- Stay Organised – I’m drowning in diaries and planners from Christmas, and my aim is to consistently use them throughout the year to keep myself organised in my school life, personal life and any other exciting events which happen approximately never!
- Make A Good Start To Sixth Form – AAAAH, SEPTEMBER, SIXTH FORM …. WHAT? That’s right, little old me will be going to Sixth Form in September and although it seems a while off, I’m sure it’ll come round all too fast. I’d like to make a decent start to sixth form as it’ll be a lot of work and I want to keep up with it and not find myself drowning in information I haven’t got a clue about by December (literally me right now trying to cram for my mocks!)
- Go Outside More – I’m basically known as a recluse in my family because I rarely spend time outside, even when it’s warm – we live in England, and you’d think it’s a rarity that it gets warm but Wiltshire gets pretty hot in summer (I know my friends will laugh at me when and if they read this because it doesn’t actually get that hot, but I did live in Yorkshire before now A.K.A cold-freezing-grey-wet-winter-24/7-land so Wiltshire is very warm!!) Anyway, even though my year should be spent mostly revising, I’d like to spend a little more time outside and maybe even burn myself into a tan, considering I usually just look like a lobster every time I step out into the sun!
Thank you so much for reading all about my goals and resolutions for 2018. I hope this year brings you joy, happiness and everything you want in life and you achieve all goals you’ve set for yourself!