Christmas music is possibly one of THE best things surrounding Christmas. I love hearing it in my house and in shops when I’m out, it’s just stupidly festive. I do have myself a rather large Christmas playlist that I like to blast around my room at full volume, there’s absolutely no stopping me when it comes to christmas! So, today I’m sharing with you just a few of the songs on my Christmas playlist; to share all of them would leave you reading this by the time Christmas Day rolled around! This blog post is a collab with Rosa Mae, who is also sharing with you her Christmas playlist. She’s so lovely and I have no doubt that her Christmas playlist will be amazing, so you should totally go and check her blog out here!
So, there is my playlist! It’s on spotify (is there any other way to listen to music?!) and my name is sophie080802 if you wanted to follow me; I’m constantly adding to it so it’s the place to be for constant festivity!
A few of my favourite songs from it:
- Jingle Bell Rock – Daryl Hall and John Oats: This is obviously a given favourite, it’s the mean girls christmas song!
- Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord – Boney M: I love this one because it’s so jolly and fun!
- Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano: This is such a fun and simple Christmas song but it’s one that I really love!
- Sleigh Ride – Johnny Mathis: Anything by Johnny Mathis or Jim Reeves is going to be on my Christmas playlist, they’re really old (as in my mum showed me them, but her Dad probably showed her them!) but I really love them so much! So festive.
- Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! – Frank Sinatra: I love all of Frank Sinatra’s songs, but his Christmas ones are super festive but it seems to me that it’s okay to listen to them early because they don’t have that typical really festive tune!
- The Merry Christmas Polka – Jim Reeves: This is such a jolly, festive song and it reminds me of my childhood, which makes me really love it!
- Santa Baby – Michael Buble: All of Michael Buble’s songs are on my playlist, he’s like some sort of Christmas music God!
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey: This is such a classic, I love it!
- Last Christmas – Wham: Another classic, which is actually really sad but still gets me in such a festive mood! It also reminds me of DofE, which is weird considering that happened way back in September but we walked through a field singing this to try keep us happy when we were very tired!
- Stop The Cavalry – Jona Lewie: This is such a good song, I love it for Christmas! I think you definitely love it or you hate it, but I love it! What about you?
- Fairytale of New York (ft Kirsty MacColl) – The Pogues: This is a classic song for Christmas, and I have to listen to it basically every day of December!
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys: I know people who hate this song but personally I love it, definitely one of my favourites; it’s such a festive little tune!
That was really hard to only pick twelve of my favourites from my playlist, but if you want to see the rest of whats on there, make sure to head over to my spotify and check it out! What is your favourite Christmas song?