I know this isn’t your typically festive post, but a few weeks ago in November, the lovely Brianna from Briannas Bandwagon nominated me for a Liebster Award. Now, I haven’t done an award post in forever , mainly because I always forget about doing them but I figured that for todays blogmas post I was going to do this tag but make my questions to my nominees somewhat festive!! Of course if you haven’t got the time to write up this post as a blogger, I totally understand, December is so hectic and you probably have most of your posts planned anyway, but if not, voila, heres an extra post idea for you!
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you for this award.
2) Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 blogs.
5) Notify them.
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
- What book or movie has had the greatest influence on your life?
This is a really tricky question for me actually, but I’ll go with movie/TV series/book, which is Anne Of Green Gables (if you haven’t seen it then you really should!) There are multiple times that I can think of where I’ve found this really relevant to my life. Quotes from Anne Of Green Gables, such as ‘isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet’, have a real impact on my life and I like to think of them sometimes!
Picture from Pinterest (pin)
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
I think that I would personally go back to the 1800s, around the time of Pride and Prejudice as I always think that time period, or at least how it is portrayed in Pride and Prejudice, is so wonderful. Otherwise, I’d have to go back to the early 1900s, Downton Abbey sort of an era … honestly, if I could just be put into the cast of downton abbey I’d be more than happy!
- What made you decide to start a blog?
Nothing other than boredom I suppose – I remember I used to always be so bored on the bus ride to school and wanted something to fill my time, so I joined wordpress and started writing blog posts!
- What is it that makes you really happy?
I’d say I’m quite a happy person usually, even though when I’m at school I am very bored and would much rather be anywhere but there. As soon as I see one of my cats, or any cat, I get very happy. Having a clean and tidy room makes me happy too, as well as being productive and getting lots of work done.
- Whats your favourite song and why this particular one?
Songs are really hard for me to choose from because I love so many, but I’ll probably have to go with anything by The Smiths or Morrissey, as I’ve grown up around these songs and I really do love them.
- What’s your biggest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?
My biggest accomplishment is probably getting my Bronze DofE, and going through gruelling and cold expeditions to get it!
- Where do you picture yourself in five or ten years?
Maybe in university, maybe not. I might have a job, who knows? Possibly still writing on this blog. I really have not got a clue!
- Short story behind how your blog got it’s name?
At current my blog is called Love, Soph and I simply chose it because I liked it and thought it suited me more than my previous name; I also really like to share the things I love with my readers so I thought it seemed appropriate!
- Whats the nicest thing you’ve ever done for another person?
I like to think of myself as a good listener, and so you could probably say that the nicest thing I’ve done for another person is listening to them, I’m always up for a chat and will listen to anyone whenever they need it.
- Whats the best lesson you’ve learnt or the best life advice you have?
If you’re in a friendship and you’re unhappy, do something and get yourself out of it. Never surround yourself with negative people.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My hair is really long, and I should probably get it cut but I feel like it only suits me long
- I’m quite tall which makes shopping for clothes a pain
- I’m doing my GCSEs at the moment and have mocks in less than a months time (panic ensues, in the distance there are sirens)
- My favourite subject is English Literature
- For my A-levels I plan on taking politics, history, English literature and psychology
- As I’m writing this, I have a really nasty cold and I’m off school
- I really really love cats (you’ll know this about me if you’ve been here for any amount of time, cats are just SO GREAT)
- When I was younger I really wanted to be an author and I read loads of books, now I have absolutely no time for reading and even when I do I never seem to be able to find a book I enjoy – I do still want to have a career in writing, maybe journalism or editing
- December is my favourite month of the year as it’s Christmas and I love Christmas
- One of my favourite snacks is hummus and crackers
- I really like pineapple but it makes my tongue itch so bad (it’s because it has enzymes in it that digest meat, so essentially as you eat pineapple it eats you right back – ooo, science)
My Questions for my Nominees:
- Which Christmas decoration on your tree is the most special to you?
- Have you ever been away from home at Christmas, and if so where was it?
- Do you like snow or do you hate it?
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- What month of the year is your favourite?
- Best and worst present you’ve ever received?
- What is your favourite winter activity?
- Do you keep your new years resolutions?
- What is the best film you’ve ever watched at Christmas?
- What are you hoping to get from Santa this Christmas?
- Do you like to hit the sales after Christmas or stay in at home?
I can only think of three nominees for this post as it happens! It’s very far off eleven but hey ho!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and for anyone who wants to answer my questions feel free; you’re all nominated!