In winter, my skin tends to get worse than it does in summer. I put this down not only to the cold weather, but to the amount of rubbishy food that goes through my system (I mean treats & yummy sweets, not actual nasty food). So today, I am bringing you all some tips to keep your skin in tip-top shape, not only spot-free but stopping your skin from getting dry and nasty all over your body!
- Get a good day cream & night cream. Your day cream should be lightweight, but still hydrating, and make your skin smooth and ideally blur out your pores – although this is not fully necessary. It will create a good base for your makeup & help it last. Your night cream should be really hydrating & cool down your face, not too heavy that it will block your pores but heavy enough to be really hydrating. Your skin will reap the benefits of this & overall the quality of your skin should improve really well.
- Moisturise your body. You should do this a minimum of 2 times a week, to make sure your skin doesn’t dry out. If you have sensitive skin you should use an un-scented lotion, that is quite light and from a natural brand. Otherwise, go ahead and use any that you would like. Along with this you should use a heavier lotion on your drier areas of your body, such as your elbows & feet. Our feet need a different lotion all together as they are made of heavier skin, so it is important for them to be able to soak in the moisture well. For your heels and elbows, you can get special creams tailored to them to help them out a bit!
- Don’t forget your hands! Hands need to be kept moisturised, which is why I try to bring hand-cream with me wherever I go. You can get some gorgeous hand creams that smell quite literally of Christmas at the moment.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliation is KEY to having good skin, not only should you exfoliate your body but you should get a facial scrub. Depending on your skin type, you can get smaller grained exfoliators or larger grained ones, make sure you get the right one for your skin type otherwise it could be too harsh. This will make your skin super soft and lovely!
- Cleanse & Tone. Your skin will be lovely and smooth and hydrated after you’ve cleansed and toned your skin. I love cleansing and toning, it’s my favourite part of my skincare routine!
So guys, that was my skincare tips for Christmas I guess! If you’d like a skincare routine, then do comment!!
Thanks for reading,
Merry Christmas xx